Monday, March 5, 2007

It's Been a While!

It has indeed been a while since I have posted. In this time I have upgraded to a new box! Very exciting. I got one of the new AMD Athlon64 X2 chips (Brisbane Core, 65nm process). Also a Biostar tForce 550 mobo with 1GB matched pair DDR2 RAM. Finally, since the new board is PCI-E, I grabbed a GeForce 6600GT (Only 128mb vram, but it's DDR3, so it flies). It's amazing how much faster I compile when 2 cores split the work. I thought 64bit alone was fast! I saved the old pieces and am in the process of getting a new PSU to get them back up. I think I might throw Vista on that box for gaming (I have Vista for free - thank you MSDNAA - and don't feel like paying for WinXP). Actually I'll probably sell it. Who knows. Anyway, another review is in the works (hopefully later tonight). Hopefully they will come more frequently.

No comments: